Friday, March 1, 2013

Help fight Cystic Fibrosis - Donate with EST

Click here to make a donation: www.fundraiseonline.co.nz/kenglah




www.fundraiseonline.co.nz/kenglah

I am reaching out to my family, friends, business associates and those I have been involved with through sports over the years to ask for everyone’s support in helping me raise desperately needed funds for the Cystic Fibrosis Association of New Zealand, . I am competing in Ironman New Zealand on the 3rd of March in Taupo. New Zealand has been one of my favorite race destinations for years and was where I lost in a lean at the tape in 1990 in the closest Ironman finish in history and was also where I won my first two Ironman races in 92 and 93. I have done the race more than 15 times and want to give back to the wonderful people of New Zealand.

I have had a great relationship with the staff from the CFANZ for years and they are a very dedicated group. In 2011, just a week after some of their families lost their homes and even some friends in the earthquake in Christchurch they still travelled to Taupo to help in this most critical of fund raising events for those living with CF. My nephew, Paul had CF and was one of the strongest and most positive people I have known. He received a double lung transplant and built himself up to the point of being able to run a mile during the Atlanta Olympic Touch Relay in 1996 before his body tragically rejected his new lungs. I am doing this fund raiser as a tribute to Paul, a thank you to all the New Zealanders that have cheered for me since 1990, and of course most of all, to give those with CF a chance to exercise their lungs through grants made possible by the funds raised by Breath 4 CF

Please help me help those in New Zealand with Cystic Fibrosis by joining me in raising funds by going to my fundraising page, to make a contribution and by forwarding this email to your friends so they too can help this great cause. CFANZ continues to assist in CF research endeavors that search for better treatments, medications, and the cure helping CF patients worldwide. CF is no longer considered exclusively a childhood disease, the median predicted age of survival for a person with CF is in the mid-30's. Unfortunately, donations are far below previous years and it is my goal to help raise the funding level so every child/young adult with CF can receive assistance in their challenge to keep their lungs as active and healthy as possible. All of the money raised goes to CFANZ and none of it is used to offset travel expenses for athletes doing this fundraiser. I am reaching out to thousands of people so even a donation of 5 or 10 dollars will make a difference.

www.fundraiseonline.co.nz/kenglah

Thanks for your support,
Ken

1 comment:

  1. He Ken,

    Thank you for bring CF on the surface. I have CF and am doing triathlons. Just the small one's. 1/8 but dreaming of the 1/4the and ironman 70.3. Also for bringing CF to peoples attentions and also let people see that dreams may come true with a positive attitude and some luck.

    Keep up the good work and thank you from heart to heart, Sanne
    My story:

    ReplyDelete